Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Concerts and Parties!!!

Alden had his "Wolfpack Holiday Gathering" on Sunday! It was so much fun to see him on the big stage singing! He is such a great singer already(so Jason has told me since I wouldn't know, both the kids have always sounded great to me) He is starting to get a little shy about preforming though. He told Mimi(Jason's mom) that he didn't want to play in her piano recital because he didn't want to play in front of anyone but he is going to do it.Katlynn had her Christmas Concert on Tuesday! She is such a performer! She sang all the words and did all the motions and all with a huge smile on her face! I think we have the next rockstar at our house!Felicia and Brandon are the best Aunt and Uncle! They come to every thing the kids do, Christmas concerts, soccer games, birthday parties, everything! They are so cool! ;)We had a very busy day today! I dropped Alden off at school at 7:45, went home to get Katlynn ready and dropped her off at 9:00 then went back to Alden's school for his Christmas party at 9:30 and left there to go to Katlynn's Christmas party at 10:30! It was busy but so much fun! Jason and I were just discussing this last night and he said "You know, you don't have to be super mom and volunteer to help with everything the kids have at school" but I love doing it. I always wanted to be the mom that was involved in her kids lives. I want to be at the schools so the teachers and staff there know me and can come to me if there is a problem. I want to be involved and know what my kids are doing all day long while I'm not with them. I want to get to know the other kids that my kids are hanging out with and especially their parents because I know the day is going to come soon when my kids start asking to go play at their friends' houses and I need to know if those kids are someone I want my kids hanging out with and if their parents do things similarly to the way we do things or not. So to all of you who think I'm crazy for not using my degree more and working full time so we don't have to worry about money at all, yes it would be easier but it would not be worth it. There is no amount of money in the world that could replace the time I get to spend with my kids while they are here to spend time with. I know the day is coming all too fast that they will be going to college or working or off living their own lives and I want to know that I did everything I could to build into them while I had the chance. I know I won't look back and think, "Man, I wish I had worked more so we could have had more money while the kids were young". I'll be glad for the choices I made even if it meant things were a little harder at the time, it will be worth it in the end!
Okay back to the pictures :)

No comments: